Friday, March 15, 2013

My Life In Funny E-Cards

I've come across quite a few of these funny e-cards lately and figured I could show you a glimpse of my life through them. I want to let you know there is a word on one of them that I would have changed if I could. Please don't be offended. Here we go.

First, we start our day with school. Math. Let the torture begin.

This is how it looks to the kids.


And so, they move on.


Then, I remind them of the task at hand and the importance of getting it done in a timely fashion. (Did that sound kind and loving? Good. I was hoping to fool you.) And I get crying and gnashing of teeth. So I sweetly respond...


They respond appropriately and so I let them know...


 And in my mind I'm not so kind and sweet as I think...


Now, knowing that...


I feel I can possibly still pull out a success if I work diligently at parenting my kids. So, I set to work. As the day progresses, I find myself reminding the kids...


This does so very little to make them see things correctly, but I keep trying because I don't want to be a failure. You see, ...


Stay at home moms do get tired of bored kids, however. So, I let my son play a video game on the Wii. After this allotted time is up, he comes and finds me hiding in the closet busy at some task. He proceeds to tell me for the umpteenth time about how he fought off a bad guy and all I want to do is scream...


After biting my tongue, I decide it's time for a nap, and the kids need one, too.


You see, ...


But, as a parent, I've come to realize...


And in between kids' questions and refereeing their fights, I have very little brain matter left.


Then, the kids start yelling and I realize they might be hungry.


And just when things can't get any worse, our great leaders decide to mess me up.


Yep! They go and snatch an hour of my sanity from me.

So now, I'm even more tired and grouchy.


Because...


Except, I must go to town to get groceries.


Then, Mr Farmer gets home and asks a completely innocent question about my pajamas, to which I respond...


And I crumple in a sobbing mass onto the floor as I realize...


The following day is a Saturday. So much time, so little school. But a mother's work is never done so I get to work. On my computer.


And then I think I'm starting to feel something.


I have a better idea!


And finally, I find one more thing at which to fail.


So I try...


That didn't work so I try...


When that doesn't work, I try some housework.


And so I go with the old stand-by. I just suck it in. Until...


Thanks for visiting my life through e-cards. I hope you enjoyed it and see how good you have it. Or feel really jealous at how good I have it. If you're in the latter group, I'm so, so sorry for you. And I'm laughing hysterically. Not at you, but near you. From far away.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I am definately jealous! Good story and a lot of truth. :-) They say The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be glad to send them your way for a few days! :) Just let me know when.

      Delete