Monday, November 4, 2013

Pets And Fall Decorating Don't Mix

Pets and fall decorating don't mix. Why? Well, let me show you.

Unfortunately, I don't have any "before" pictures. This is best anyway, so I can convince you just how perfectly perfect my home looked with it's perfectly perfect, outdoor fall decorations.

No house had ever looked as good as my house did before our animals made themselves at home. Trust me.

Then, one morning I looked out the front window and saw this.


Sorry, the photo was taken through the window so I didn't wake up sleeping beauty out there. It's hard to tell, but there used to be a bale of straw with pumpkins on and beside it. And there was no dog snuggled into a straw nest when I designed this particular area.

After he left, and a few days later, this is how the area looks.




Now, lest you think only Buddy has destructive abilities when it comes to my outdoor decorations, I will show you what the cats have been up to.

I had another area near the front door that was very pretty. My corn fodder was extremely full, with nice ears of dried corn hanging from it. Again, I have no "before" pictures so you'll have to accept my word on how pretty and full it was. Because you won't "see" it in this next picture.


The cats/kittens have played with the corn stalks until there are barely any left and the ears of corn are completely shredded. My big, beautiful white pumpkin has also been severely scarred.



And I thought if I kept the hens penned up my pumpkins would remain beautiful. Apparently, the hens had a chat with the cats and dog. I fear for our lives if we should cross any of the animals. For now, they have the fall decorations on which to take out their anger and frustrations. I  may decorate for Christmas just to buy my family some more time.

8 comments:

  1. Hang on, Buddy, I'll come getcha before she whales the tar out of you. You can move in with me and sleep in my big flower pot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hold it, Granny! We moved all that straw into his dog house and he now has a huge, cozy nest. Buddy shall not be relocated to your house. Keep away from our puppy!☺

      Delete
    2. OK, he can sleep in my bed. So take that!

      Delete
    3. Does that mean Mr Granny has to sleep in the dog house?

      Delete
    4. That's where he's been for 51+ years, why change now?

      Delete
  2. At least the decorations keep cats close to the house and they can see mice if there are any running around.. I really wonder, do you home school your animals? They seem to keep busy. Love your blogs! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do home school the animals. Every once in awhile I want to teach someone who sits still, so I head out to the cats. They may sit still better than the kids, but they don't understand math as well and I get a lot of blank stares.

      Delete