Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Once There Was A Little Girl

And then she turned 40.

 Yep, I turned 40.

Sissy's gift.


The Boy's gift.



Baby's gift, which she bought from a man at an auction.


Mr Farmer bought me a device to remove hair from my legs. I'm not sure what he's trying to tell me. Actually, he's being super kind because I have a reaction every time I shave and I itch for about three days afterward. I have developed infections on my legs from the irritation, too. He's so sweet, he actually uses the device on my legs for me. How many men would do that?

I have a wonderful family that worked all day to make sure I was having a good day.


8 comments:

  1. Looks like you were well remembered on your birthday. So glad you had a good one. Knowing Mr. Farmer I think your lucky you got by with that gift as I am sure he would rather got A cane or any aging tool. Glad your day was special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, actually I'm amazed he got me anything. Usually I have to get my own gift and let him know what "he got me".

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday Langela. I thought of you to day when we were driving through Promise City on our way home from our farm we thought we would look at a farm by Centerville Iowa. The farm wasn't for us, too many neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gordon. And you were so close to us! I'm usually home, so stop by and say hi next time.

      Delete
  3. Belated Happy Birthday to you. Very interesting group of presents from your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Athanasia. The kids just get so excited to give presents. Only the youngest puts any planning into it though. :)

      Delete
  4. Awww, how sweet!!! Happy Birthday to you! Mine was shortly after yours and my youngest son had me a little party and got me a beautiful cake. I'm glad your family pampered and spoiled you a little cause God knows mom to a lot for their families!

    PS I'm loving the chicken dish or lid or whatever it is!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and happy birthday to you, too. The lid is from a candy dish set, I think. I have others, but that's my favorite.

      Delete