Monday, May 6, 2013

A Sale

I planned a garage sale. Here's a rundown of how it went.


Locate and haul things out to the shop where I will have the sale. Check.


Lay out things on tables and clean them if necessary. Check.


Price items on tables. Check.


Make signs. Check.


Advertise in the local paper. Check.

Plan it for May so the weather is warm enough. Check.

Wake up early and...







What was that last line? Un-check it!

We woke up to 14 inches of snow. On May 3! And the high was only 35 degrees! We went ahead as planned, but had to keep running out and wiping off the sign. We did ok actually, but are trying again in a couple of weeks. We still have so much stuff left to sell. The snow was gone the next day, of course.

9 comments:

  1. We have had a crazy spring too! I hope your next sale has better weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope so too! :) I think everyone has has weird weather this year. It sure has made it hard to get in the gardens!

      Delete
  2. Seriously?!? 14-inches of snow in May?!? Wow! I hope mother nature cuts you some slack the rest of the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! And most of it overnight, so it was a real surprise to wake up to. I guess it's one of those things grandkids will make fun of one day. "I remember when we got 14 inches of snow in May. It was the spring of 2013..."

      Delete
  3. I have but one word.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEEK! Um... I'll take the blue ball jars that are on top of the possum belly cabinet! :-D LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too. I got them all in two boxes at an auction last year. Some are from the late 1800s. I used quite a few in my pantry for storing things too. I just found some more zinc lids this weekend at an auction, so I can use more of the jars.

      Delete