Thursday, October 4, 2012

My Vacation

Some people get to go on cruises. Some on airplanes. Some people even go to exciting places in their cars.

What is your idea of a vacation? Mine is to go to Alaska, stay in a cabin, and go 4-wheeling (atv) through the woods. I know, I'm weird.

I have a point to this line of talk. Today, Mr Farmer took me on a vacation. And before you give him more credit than he deserves, this is a typical vacation.

We sold our mower conditioner. The man who bought it asked if we would meet him halfway. This meant a two-hour drive down there. It was a beautiful drive as the trees are turning colors and the temps were in the 70s.








We met the guy, got out and stretched our legs, and because it was a vacation, we got to eat out for lunch. I just made you jealous, didn't I. I don't mean to rub my good fortune in your faces like that, but I had to share! I mean lunch! Who does that?!?

It gets better. When we left, we took the scenic ride home. This meant faster driving, more hills, and winding roads. We actually made it home in an hour. So, scenic and short.

This is what the navigation system in the truck looked like.



And here we are on a "new" highway. So new it is not even on our nav system, yet. Of course, the road has been there about five years. So, although it looks like we are off-roading, we are not.


And then we were home.

Vacation over.

What is your dream vacation or your favorite vacation?

No comments:

Post a Comment