Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Lasagna-- From Scratch

Sissy and Mr Farmer have been asking for lasagna lately. I decided to give in and make some.

We had just been to the grocery store and I knew I had the ingredients for it at home, so there was nothing to pick up for this meal.

Or so I told Sissy when she asked.

4:00 came and it was time to start supper. I went to the pantry to find the noodles. I looked and looked to no avail. I had no lasagna noodles! Now what?

Well, I took out my handy dandy pasta maker. I just made sheets of pasta rather than cutting them into strips.


I made one batch of my pasta recipe. When getting ready to assemble my lasagna, I realized that one batch of pasta wasn't going to be quite enough. I had some rigatoni pasta in the pantry and dumped that in the bottom, first.

I added a small jar of my homemade spaghetti sauce over the uncooked rigatoni. I made up a bowl of cottage cheese/ egg mixture. I use 1 egg per cup of cottage cheese and mix well. I used this combination in place of ricotta cheese. We like it so much better and it's easy to find and make.


I layer pasta, sauce, cheese mixture, parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese.




Mr Farmer said this was the best lasagna he has ever had. I have to agree. And best of all, no crunchy bits on top. I hate those hard, crunchy, tough bits.







2 comments: