Thursday, January 24, 2013

A New Use For An Old Find

On one of my auction days, I bid on something. As is often common at auctions, it came in a box with other stuff. As I looked through my box, I noticed some cool claw foot thingies. They used to be the feet to what was called a library table. There were several different styles.

I didn't plan to use them as they were originally used. I cleaned them up quite a bit.

This is what I came up with. I used a reclaimed piece of our old barn and planed it down. I sanded it smooth and whitewashed it. Then, I gave it a watered-down, dry-brushed coat of paint.

I used dowels attached to the board and then glued the table legs over the dowels.

And here it is. A cool coat rack.





4 comments:

  1. You always come up with some neat ideas Langela. Those claw foot thingies are cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gordon. I love seeing things in new ways. I rarely look at something in it's intended way or use.

      Delete
  2. That really is an interesting way to use those! Great job!

    ReplyDelete