Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A Teenager Has Invaded!

We tried to run. We tried to hide. We tried to stop it.

But Sissy declared, "I will be a teenager and you can't stop me!"

And so we entered, unwillingly, into the teen years. We have a teenager!

I took Sissy with me to town and left her brother and sister in charge of decorating the house for her birthday. I left them with a full roll of white streamers, balloons, and paper. This is what we came home to.





The streamer roll was almost completely gone. As was 6,739,286 feet of tape! They were so proud of themselves and the job they had done.




I particularly loved the random places a piece of streamer would be placed.



And when the furnace kicks on, the streamers fly up and make all kinds of noise.



Sissy wanted a number "13" cake in blue.





Happy birthday, Sissy! Now you start counting backwards. Next year she's 12 again!


7 comments:

  1. Looks like Boy and Baby done a good job decorating and had lots of fun doing it. I am sure Sissy enjoyed her party as well as turning 13. Now the fun starts for Mom and Dad! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGH!!!

      They really did have fun decorating and were so proud of using almost the entire roll of streamer.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday, Sissy!!! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, Boy and Baby did a fabulous job decorating the house! I love that the streamers make noise when the heat kicks on, added party sounds. lol Happy Birthday to Sissy!!! Now you have an official teen in the house, don't blink because next time she will be driving! Once they turn a teen, the time flies by way to fast!! Heck it is a short time til they are 18 period!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they intended for the streamers to make noise. It was just a happy accident. She's already talking about driving. It's waaaaaaaay too soon for that!

      Delete
  4. LOL I hear you, but it comes way before we parents are ready! My "baby" turned 18 on Friday and I have no clue how it happened so fast! My oldest is 31 and I can't believe that either. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete