Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Happenings At Home

At a recent auction I purchased five boxes of straws. They are extra long and red. Each box contains 500 straws, I think.

Anyway, today the kids were bored and so I decided to pull out a box. Sissy set to work building a house. She asked for a few tips, but mostly did it herself.




The Boy made a gun, or so he says. He didn't ask for any help. He designed and built it himself. I think he did a good job considering he is not one who usually likes to craft.




And Baby decided to make a musical instrument. I helped quite a bit with it because after we got going and I was helping to cut, she got distracted with her next idea. Her next idea was a super long straw. After trying it out for the first time and seeing there were lots of air leaks, she decided it took a lot of breath for a straw that long! She then went ot work on finding and fixing all the air leaks. I think there was more tape on the straws than there was straw!





Straws kept the kids busy and made for a messy house, because unfortunately they were all individually wrapped. I like when they can use their creativity rather than just watching tv or playing video games.

While they were messing up the house, I made some cornbread. It's a sweet cornbread and is soooo delicious! I waited an entire 5 seconds to cut into it and eat a piece. It took me that long to get my Ov Glove off or the cornbread would have been in my mouth sooner!


Now please feel free to keep to yourself how messy my oven is. The automatic cleaner is not working and we don't plan to have it fixed, so.....

6 comments:

  1. Cheap entertainment and each child had a cute idea. Mom, your idea looked great.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheap is right. Each box cost a buck. It's nice to have those days where they stay busy and content doing one thing for the entire day!

      Delete
  2. Love the kids ideas with the straws, but my favorite was Baby's long straw. That cracked me up! I also love her musical instrument. I love when these simple, cheap things can keep kids entertained. Now as for your oven, mine looks like that too from time to time. My auto clean works, but when you cook as often as you and I do, it's not long before it is dirty again. lol So I was kinda glad to see your store looking like that! It helps me to to feel so bad when I get lazy. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could put you at ease with my messy oven! :)

      Delete
  3. oooo....cornbread! love it! I pour a ton of honey in my cornbread when i bake it! Yum, Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer the sweet cornbread, too. Pre-diabetes I loved having honey on my cornbread and biscuits.

      Delete