Friday, July 20, 2012

My New Toy

My new toy has finally arrived! I purchased a new dehydrator this year. My old one was a cheap one bought many years ago. It just didn't do much and was so small. I ordered a L'Equip Filterpro dehydrator. I am a Bosch dealer and this is one of the models I sell. 

Right now I am dehydrating peaches. We bought 3/4 bushel and then had to leave. They really needed to be put up. The ones that were not good enough to can, I decided to dehydrate. I am so excited to see how they turn out. I have some cherries and bananas that I want to do next. And I want to do some fruit leathers.

Here is a picture of the object of my affection.


Side view. Six stacked trays. It can stack up to 20!
 

Peaches during the drying process.
 

I also canned 8 quarts of peaches. I realize there are only six in the photo, but eight wouldn't fit across the counter and these were so pretty lined up with the light coming from the back.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment