Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Dehydrated Apple Slices

I wanted to try my hand at dehydrating, so I decided on apple slices with cinnamon and sugar.

I took out my peeler /corer /slicer. It makes quick work of peeling, coring, and slicing apples uniformly.



Plus the kids love to eat the strings of skin.


Since the peeler/corer/slicer leaves one continuous corkscrew of apple, I take and cut the apple in half and that separates the slices. I put the slices in a bowl and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over them. I stir to coat all the slices.



Then I just lay them on the dehydrator trays in a single layer. I dehydrated them at 158 degrees for several hours, until they were crispy.


I did two kinds of apples and the granny smith was by far the best of the two. They were absolutely delicious! My kids love apples anyway, but they really liked these.

Some of the pieces broke when I took them off the trays. This worked out great. I crushed them into smaller pieces and used them in our oatmeal packets.


No comments:

Post a Comment