Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Peter Piper Picked A Peck...

Of pretty peppers.

I planted a variety of rainbow peppers this year. They got taken over by this.


No, not her, the cherry tomatoes and volunteer squash.
I managed to crawl my way through the jungle to find a few of the pretty jewels.

BUT...

I do NOT want anyone reading my blog to ever think I am any kind of great-- not a great mom, teacher, wife, housekeeper, or gardener. I yell at the kids, lose my patience teaching math to my "students", take lazy nights and cook freezer meals for some suppers, and sometimes stick to a surface in or near the kitchen.

AND...

I sometimes leave my vegetables until they look like this



before I get them chopped and frozen. Yes, those are actually wrinkled!

BUT...

once chopped they look all pretty again and when thawed, we will never be able to tell that they weren't crispy when I cut them up.


I admit my failure as a gardener. I have no problem with this, however. I still have produce saved for the future and it will taste yummy in my spaghetti sauce.

What do you "fail" at? 

No comments:

Post a Comment